Monday, June 22, 2009

I am sooo amazing ... and humble as well!

Okay so I am alone for the next couple of weeks. My family went off to New Jersey to visit other family. I couldn't go because of my fabulous new job (which I have gotten a raise after less than two months. Awesomeness!)

Okay so I wanted to say I am still moving forward. But I came up with an awesome chicken pasta recipe while I was cooking it. I am so amazing and so humble as well. I had to write it down for the world.

You will need (besides pans and fire):

4 oz of boneless chicken breast
1 1/2 cup of wheat pasta (I used rigatoni)
8 oz of fresh spinach
1 tablespoon of butter (yes butter)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 cup of 2% milk
1 Teaspoon of flour
Granulated Garlic
Tabasco or Louisiana Hot sauce
Oregano
Salt and pepper

First, cook the chicken breast however you like and set it aside. Pan fried or grilled, but obviously grilled it better for you and me too. The chicken doesn't convey the taste in this one. (You can cook the chicken at the same time, but better to have it done cause the sauce won't take long)

Second, in a dutch oven (big pot) boil about 5 quarts of water for the pasta. Normally, cooks tell you make sure you salt and oil the water. GARBAGE! DON'T DO THIS EVER!!!!! The salt does not add anything to the pasta except make it worse for your blood pressure and the oil only makes the pasta slippery which is bad when you want sauces to stick to it.) Cook the pasta until it is Al dente (which is hard but fully cooked. If you like mushy pasta - go for yours! Whatever you like.) Drain the past and set it aside. You will want to do with step while cooking your chicken since it will take a good 8-10 minutes.

Using the same pot you boiled the pasta in (let's dirty as few pots as possible shall we but if you want to rinse, go ahead) put enough water to cover the bottom of the pan and bring it to a boil. add the spinach stirring occasionally until it wilts. (Remember you only need a little water and will drain out the water so less is better. You only want to wilt the spinach and not burn it. Any water you throw away will have good nutritious vitamins and minerals so remember that.

Next, When the spinach is drained, over medium heat add the butter and olive oil to the pot and mix well until the butter is melted. Add chicken (better in small pieces), hot sauce (three of four dashes will do), garlic, salt and pepper as you like and mix well again. Add the milk and let it get hot. When the milk starts to bubble even once add one teaspoon of floor and mix like crazy. This will thicken the sauce and I don't like cornstarch. When everything is mixed well add the pasta and give a good spin a few more times. Turn off the heat cover and let it sit for 5 minutes.

Finally, eat.

This is good for one serving. For more, multiple. And my uncle said I would never use math in life. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment