Status update.
This past two weeks was long and hard. My motivation was extremely low and I missed a few days of exercise because I was so tired and physically felt beaten up. My family was away for almost two weeks. I was thinking that it would be great because I wouldn't have anyone needing things to take me out of my schedule. WRONG!
The fact that I had to go back and forth like every day was a problem. I wanted to get my house cleaned up so when my wife got back she would be happy. Well I managed to get most of that taken care of, but it was not without cost. I am supposed to work out 12 times a week. I am not sure if I am supposed to be working out Saturday and Sunday night, but I haven't so if my buddy Christian doesn't say otherwise ... it works for me. Anywho -) It was just really hard to get things moving and because I had to get financially creative, food was an issue too.
I was able to hangout with friends I haven't seen in a while. When they found out I lost weight, they were so excited that just reinvigorated me. Now I did miss working out Monday and Tuesday of this week because family was coming home and I have been keeping really REALLY late hours the past few weeks, but now I can get back on my schedule.
It is because of all this I learned a very important lesson. I was proud of myself for getting up when I was tired and walking before. Now I know why it is so important. Life is designed to screw up your plans! Life kept getting in my way these last two weeks. I was still on my diet and have been working at it, but if I let it, Life would've really knocked me down. It doesn't sound like something new, but trust me you never really can be ready for it. It's got to smack you in the face before you realize how to handle it.
So with all of this hardship you would think I would be down right? That I would be worried about two weeks of work for nothing? Why bother continuing at all? NOPE! I still lost weight even after all the struggles. You can take 5 more pounds of the scale for this guy. Yep in less that one month, I lost 15 pounds. So in one month I lost 5% of my body weight. I will take it. If I can keep this up, by the time my new baby daughter is born in September, her father will weigh 230 lbs! That is half of my goal! I would also bet I will look a hell of a lot better too. I know you are thinking "How could that be possible" but still ... If I wasn't excited before I am now!
One month down. Bring on the next one. I will have it for lunch!!!
You know, just not literally. I don't know how many calories it has.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment